La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant - Lunch Buffet



I need to get back on the bandwagon. I've been feeling sorry for myself so indulging in all my favorite things the last couple of weeks.

The Greek took me out to lunch recently. He was in the mood for Mexican food. La Hacienda has a daily lunch buffet, as does their sister restaurant, El Sarape. We prefer La Hacienda. The menu is basically the same at both but the cook at La Hacienda's seasons slightly better.

I'm still working on remembering to take pictures so didn't get any of the buffet. By the time I took the camera out, lunch was in full swing and the buffet lines were busy.

Chips, Salsa and Pico De Gallo for Starters
They typically have the basics. Ground beef for tacos, beef fajitas, one or two kinds of enchiladas, soup, beans, rice, nacho cheese sauce. They also have a whole condiment bar with limes, cilantro, chopped onions, sour cream as well as three different kinds of salsa.

They have hard taco shells and deep fried flour tortilla "bowls" to make a salad in. You can also request hot flour or corn tortillas.

The day we went the special was BBQ pork ribs in chipotle sauce. They were melt in your mouth, fall off the bone tender. The Greek loved them and thought they were the best thing that he's ever eaten there.

Now I adore Mexican food. Give me some carnitas, al pastor or adobada. I'm also a fan of coctel de camarones and menudo. So what's my favorite thing from this buffet?

FRUIT CHIMI'S AND SPICY CHICKEN FINGERS!

I know!  It's not real Mexican food but hey what can I say?  I like what I like!  The chicken fingers are all breast meat and dipped in a batter that has flecks of jalapenos in it, then deep fried. So bad for you but so good! I love them dipped in salsa or wrapped in a corn tortilla with cilantro, chopped onions, salsa and a squeeze of lime.

The fruit chimis are flour tortillas filled with either apple or peach (apples on this day) and fried then coated with a little bit of honey and cinnamon sugar. You HAVE to have whipped cream on top, there is a can right on the buffet table. Warm sweet and gooey comfort food!

This is not a place I could eat at often but 2 or 3 times a year, it makes for a nice treat for us. If you are in the Kenosha area, look them up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Flipside: Umami © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger