Crock Pot Rib Tips



I finally got back to cooking tonight.  Last week the local fresh market had a special on pork rib tips for a buck a pound.  I sent The Greek out to pick up five pounds worth.

Last night I made a dry rub and put them in the Crockpot.  I covered them in BBQ sauce and popped them in the oven to finish them off.  They were fall off the bone tender and meaty.  There really weren't that many bones in it at all.  It was a great deal.  Cheaper and easier than the spareribs I made a couple weeks ago.

Crock Pot Rib Tips

Dry Rub ( I use this on ribs, pork and chicken too)

2 T of salt (I used coarse Hawaiian sea salt but have done it with regular salt too)
1/2 c sugar
1/4 cup chili powder (or a mix of chili powder and paprika)
2 T granulated garlic or garlic powder
2 T dry oregano

Rub all over the ribs.  Place ribs in the crock pot on low for 8-10 hours.



After that time you can take them out and baste them with your favorite BBQ sauce and either throw them in a 400 degree oven for 20-30 min or char them a bit on a grill.



I have used this rub all the time and then placed the meat straight in the oven.  Chicken thighs work well as does country style pork ribs.  Of course you will have to cook them a bit longer than if you put them in the Crockpot first but they are tasty, even without adding any more sauce.

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am following you GFC.
I am also following you via Memorial Day Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop. Stop by a visit my blog when you get a chance.


http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Are we supposed to cook it with liquid in the crock pot, or just stick it in there?

Post a Comment

 
Flipside: Umami © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger