Spicy Coleslaw with Pecans



Second installment of my Mother's Day Feast recipes. I'm not a coleslaw lover, in fact the only coleslaw besides this one that I've ever really enjoyed is KFC's. I got this recipe from Food Network, specifically from Tyler Florence who's recipes my husband loves. We made some alterations to it and every time we make it we tend to mix it up a bit.

Yummy Spicy Coleslaw

We usually omit the onions and add julienned radishes or bell peppers. For the dressing instead of the ground chipotle I use 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce and I like to use light mayo or a mix of light mayo and plain yogurt to make it a bit healther. My mother in-law just adores the salad and we've made it 3 times since we discovered it only a month ago! It's a great basic coleslaw to add whatever veggies you enjoy the most. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful and inspirational!
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)

Post a Comment

 
Flipside: Umami © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger