It's Easter! What's For Dinner?



What is your traditional Easter dinner?  Ham?  Lamb?  We're doing it easy this year and going out to brunch.  Maybe I'll post pictures if I remember to take them.

Whatever your main course on this holiday, nearly everyone ends up eating...EGGS!  I mean after you've colored a few dozen, you only have a few days to eat them before they go bad.  I've managed to avoid that this year (check out my other blog here).

Last year's Masterpieces!

Still, I love hardboiled eggs.  The boys love them either dipped into shoyu (soy sauce) or deviled, especially when Di makes them.  She gets all fancy and puts the yolk mixture in a cookie press and pipes them back in then tops them with paprika.  With me, I just kind of blob them back in with a spoon.  Not eye candy but they taste great.

I like hardboiled  eggs warm, sliced on buttered toast and sprinkled with salt and pepper.  They are a must in a spinach salad.  Then there is the simple egg salad sandwich.  My ex liked the eggs diced and chunky in the mixture.  I like mine very fine, grated or mashed fine with a fork, then mixed with just mayo, salt and pepper.  On white bread please with a little Tabasco on top.  Now I'm regretting not doing any this year!

What is your favorite way(s) of getting rid of those Easter eggs?  Leave me a comment and let me know!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Newest follower- getting caught up on my blog hopping. Better later than never. Please return the favor and visit me too.
Cheers-
Mikey
www.mikey-thesinglemom.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Flipside: Umami © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger