Quick and Easy Portobella Tacos



I got a late start today.  Had to run to the doctor's to get a couple of test run.  While I was there, BF got a call that someone wanted to come see the house in a couple of hours.  He has the house for sale.  We got home and started straightening up.  I tried to grab an orange but there were none in the fridge and I won't eat them warm.  So I had to wait until after the the house tour was done.  By that time it was nearly 6 pm and I was starving.  BF took out a few thin cut sandwich steaks and we decided to do them as bulgogi (Korean bbq meat).  It had to soak for a few hours so we figured it would be for a late dinner after my show.

I had the hankering for some Mexican but didn't want to use a lot of points since I knew I'd be eating rice and kim chee later.  I had some portobellas left over from the meatloaf.   For those that don't know, fruit and most veggies are no points on the new Weight Watchers system.  I made up some portobella tacos.

Portobella Tacos


Portobella Tacos

3 portobella mushrooms ( probably about a cup sliced 1/4 inch thick)
2-3 stalks of green onions cut in 2" lengths all the way down to the white part
1 clove of garlic, smashed
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp shoyu (soy sauce)
1 tsp oil (or non stick spray)
2 corn tortillas (I buy ones with only masa and water, no added fat)

Heat oil in a frying pan till hot.  Add garlic and stir for a minute.  Add the white green onion sections.  Saute for another minute, then add the mushrooms.  Keep cooking, occasionally stirring until mushrooms look nearly done.  Add the rest of the green onions, salt and shoyu.  When onions are wilted, take off the stove.

Almost done!


Heat the tortillas either in the microwave or in another frying pan. I put about 1/2 oz. of shredded cheese on each and sprinkled lightly with garlic powder before I microwave them.  Divide mushroom mix evenly between them and garnish with cilantro.  Serve with salsa or sour cream, if you wish.

You almost don't miss the meat in this as the mushrooms have a meatiness all their own.  You can adjust the seasonings to taste or even add others.  I think next time I'll try some yellow onion and sliced jalapeños too.

This is my favorite shoyu:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Flipside: Umami © 2008 | Créditos: Templates Novo Blogger